Skip to main content

I’m Back! Welcome to My Self-Care Series






I took some time away from blogging because sometimes you have to step back, breathe, and give yourself the same care you encourage others to receive. But I’m back, and I’m excited to begin a new series about something that has become an important part of my healing journey: self-care.


Why Self-Care Should Be a Priority


Self-care is not selfish. It is necessary.


Many of us spend so much time caring for our children, families, friends, jobs, and responsibilities that we forget about ourselves. We continue giving even when we feel mentally, physically, and emotionally drained. But you cannot continue pouring into everyone else without taking time to refill your own cup.


Making yourself a priority does not mean you do not care about other people. It means you understand that your well-being matters, too.


Self-care can help you slow down, manage stress, protect your peace, and reconnect with yourself. It can also give you the strength and energy you need to handle your daily responsibilities.


What Does Self-Care Look Like?


Self-care does not have to be expensive or extravagant. It can be something as simple as:


- Taking a quiet break when you feel overwhelmed

- Saying no without feeling guilty

- Getting enough rest

- Going for a walk

- Listening to your favorite music

- Writing in a journal

- Talking to a therapist or someone you trust

- Setting healthy boundaries

- Enjoying a hobby

- Taking yourself out or buying yourself something special

- Staying away from people or situations that disturb your peace


Self-care will look different for everyone. What helps one person may not help another, and that is okay. The goal is to discover what makes you feel safe, peaceful, refreshed, and connected to yourself.


You Deserve the Care You Give Everyone Else


For a long time, I thought putting myself first was wrong. But through my healing journey, I have learned that caring for myself is one of the most important things I can do. When I take care of myself, I am better able to show up for my daughter, my loved ones, my business, and my purpose.


Some days, self-care may look like being productive and working toward my dreams. Other days, it may simply mean resting and giving myself permission to do nothing. Both are valuable.


You do not have to wait until you are completely exhausted or falling apart to take care of yourself. Self-care should be part of your regular routine—not something you only do when life becomes too much.


What to Expect From This Series


Throughout this self-care series, I will share different ways to care for yourself mentally, emotionally, and physically. We will talk about setting boundaries, getting proper rest, celebrating yourself, protecting your peace, asking for help, and making time for the things that bring you joy.


I am still learning what self-care looks like for me, and I invite you to learn alongside me. We are all works in progress, and every small step we take toward caring for ourselves deserves to be celebrated.


This is your reminder that you matter, your needs matter, and your well-being matters.


Make time for yourself. Choose yourself without guilt. Celebrate yourself along the way—because you are worth caring for.


Welcome to the self-care series.. Let’s heal, grow, and celebrate ourselves together. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet the Heart Behind The Celebratory Collection šŸ’œ✨

  Hi, I'm Zitaqwa Muhammad , founder of The Celebratory Collection . If you're here, I want you to know something right away: You are worth celebrating. That simple belief is the reason this brand exists. My Story For much of my life, I struggled to celebrate myself. Like many people, I carried pain, trauma, self-doubt, and experiences that made it difficult to see my own worth. I spent years focusing on surviving instead of celebrating. I often put everyone else first and rarely stop to recognize my own growth, strength, or accomplishments. Over time, I began a healing journey that changed my life. Healing wasn't easy. Some days were beautiful. Some days were messy. Some days I wanted to quit. But every step forward taught me something important: every part of the journey deserves recognition—not just the finish line. That lesson became the foundation for everything I create. Why I Started The Celebratory Collection The Celebratory Collection wasn't created just to sel...

Healing Doesn't Have to Look the Same for Everyone

  One of the biggest lessons I've learned on my healing journey is that keeping everything inside was hurting me far more than talking about it. For years, I carried the pain of my abuse in silence. I thought if I didn't talk about it, maybe it would go away. Instead, it became heavier. Through therapy and sharing my story, I discovered something powerful: speaking about my feelings helped me begin to release them. Every time I talked about my experiences, I felt a little less alone and a little more free. Another thing I've learned is that healing isn't one-size-fits-all. For a long time, I thought journaling meant sitting down every single day and filling pages. When I couldn't keep up with that, I felt like I was failing. But the truth is, journaling doesn't have to be a daily task or another item on your to-do list. It doesn't have to feel like a chore. Journal when you need to. Journal when you have something to say. Journal when your heart feels heavy....

A Milestone in My Healing Journey

  To anyone on their journey: ♡ Healing isn't about being perfect. It's about being brave enough to start, honest enough to go deeper, and strong enough to keep choosing YOU. Keep going. You're worth it. ♡ This blog is going to be a little more personal and vulnerable than my usual posts, but I think it's important to share. Over the past several months, I have been participating in both a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) and later an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) as part of my mental health healing journey. When I first started PHP, I was nervous, anxious, and honestly not looking forward to sitting in a room full of strangers. I was convinced I wouldn't talk much and had no idea what to expect. What I found instead was one of the most important experiences of my life. Through PHP and IOP, I have come a long way. I met some truly amazing people who reminded me that I wasn't alone. Even though our stories were different, many of us shared the ...